Get into this powerful aspect of search
Voice Search from enabled devices is on the up and, like anything digital, your customers are using it. This blog runs through some of the basics of this exciting new avenue in the search landscape so that when the time comes we can get your campaigns on voice search now.
1. By 2022, half of all local searches are expected to be voice searches. This means, 50% of people will use voice search, whether through Google, Siri, or other providers.
2. Screens will not be used for 30% of the searches (local or otherwise).
3. There are 1 billion voice searches globally every month.
4. 25% of shoppers use voice assistants during their holiday shopping.
5. More than two-thirds of people with voice recognition service use it on a daily basis.
6. Voice searches related to a location on mobiles (example: ‘dentist near me’) are three times more common than text-related searches.
7. About half of voice-activated speaker owners say they feel like talking to a real person or a friend. (Siri, do you love me?)
8. 23% of adults use voice search daily, and 40% use it at least once per month.
9. Google Assistant is now on more than 600 million devices, and the habit of using it has been continuously increasing.
Voice is on the rise, and while some companies might not need it yet, it is something to consider for the future. As with anything that is new, becoming one of the early adopters might be more hassle than it’s worth in the short term – but in the long term it may well prove to be invaluable.
I’ve worked in Advertising & Digital since I graduated from university in 2010. I spent 2 and half years working for Google in the UK where I fell in love with digital and creative work. I now run a great team here in Sydney doing great work.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
From our blog posts...
Direct Clicks is one of Australia’s top digital agencies, providing a range of services including Google advertising, search engine optimisation (SEO), website design & development, social media marketing & advertising and much more to help businesses grow online.